One of Italian cuisine’s must-haves are definitely baked chicken thighs, which are really easy to prepare and don’t require particular attention. Just like roasted chicken, even those who are less experienced in cooking will be able to obtain a succulent and amazing result! The thighs are the most loved part of the chicken and often contested at the table among all guests. By adding the right spices and respecting the cooking times, you will get tender meat inside and a delicious crispy crust that pairs perfectly with baked or pan-fried potatoes! Make these delicious baked chicken thighs yourself, a dish suitable for all seasons that no one will be able to resist!
Baked chicken thighs
– Chicken thighs (4 pieces) 430g
– Potatoes 500g
– Salt to taste
– Black pepper to taste
– Extra virgin olive oil 50g
– Rosemary 3 sprigs
– Thyme 3 sprigs
– 2 teaspoons of spicy paprika
– 340 calories per serving
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Servings: 2 people
– Remove the feathers from the thighs with tweezers, use a blowtorch or hold them over the flame of the stove to remove any residue, and then wash them under running water.
– Dry the thighs and place them in a baking dish where you will season them with salt, pepper, and 30g of oil.
– Peel the potatoes, cut them into wedges, and transfer them to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
– Season with salt, pepper, and the remaining oil, then add the chicken thighs and season everything with the sprigs of thyme and rosemary.
– Finally, sprinkle the paprika on both the chicken and potatoes.
– Bake in a preheated static oven at 200°C for 40-45 minutes, turning them over halfway through cooking.
– When cooked and golden, remove them from the oven and serve your baked chicken thighs!
– Baked chicken thighs can be stored in the refrigerator for no more than one day. Freezing is not recommended.
– Add the herbs that you like the most and enrich the side dish with other seasonal vegetables!
– For a more golden and crispy effect, set the oven to 220°C fan-forced and cook for an additional ten minutes.