Often served fried or in sauce, meatballs are one of the most beloved second courses. But have you ever tried making baked meatballs? If you haven’t done it because you were afraid they would be too dry, with our recipe you will get a truly succulent result! The dough is the classic one, enriched with sausage and cheese for truly tasty meatballs. Baked in the oven, thanks to the addition of broth, the meatballs will be tender and juicy. Round and soft, these meatballs will be loved by everyone, young and old, thanks to their strong flavor and preparing them will be very easy. Serve the baked meatballs with mashed potatoes or a simple mixed salad.
Here are other ideas to try:
– Ground beef: 400 grams
– Sausage: 200 grams
– Garlic: 1/2 clove
– Stale bread (crumb only): 100 grams
– Pecorino cheese (to grate): 40 grams
– Eggs: 2
– Parsley: 1 bunch
– Grana Padano DOP: 60 grams
– Fine salt: as needed
– Black pepper: as needed
– Extra virgin olive oil: 2 tablespoons
– Beef broth: 150 grams
Nutrition facts for Baked Meatballs:
– Difficulty: Easy
– Preparation time: 20 minutes
– Cooking time: 30 minutes
– Servings: 30 meatballs
– Cost: Medium
1. To prepare the baked meatballs, first place the stale bread in a bowl. Add water to cover it and let it soak for a few minutes.
2. In the meantime, finely chop the garlic and parsley.
3. Take the sausage, cut off the casing, and place the sausage meat in a bowl, breaking it up with your hands.
4. Add the ground beef, the squeezed bread crumb, and the eggs to the bowl.
5. Add the chopped garlic and parsley, grated Pecorino cheese, and Grana Padano DOP to the bowl.
6. Mix everything together well with your hands.
7. Adjust the seasoning with salt and black pepper.
8. Cover the bowl with a plate and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
9. Preheat the oven to 180°C (static).
10. Take the mixture out of the fridge and shape it into 30 meatballs, rolling them between your hands.
11. Grease a baking dish and place the meatballs inside.
12. Pour the warm beef broth over the meatballs.
13. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
14. Remove the baking dish from the oven and turn the meatballs over.
15. Bake for another 15 minutes at the same temperature, but this time with the fan on.
16. Remove from the oven and serve the meatballs hot with the cooking juices.
– Baked meatballs can be stored in the refrigerator for a couple of days.
– The dough, covered, can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 12 hours.
– Raw meatballs can be frozen and thawed before use.
– Beef broth helps to make the meatballs more tender and flavorful. If you don’t have it, you can use a good vegetable broth.