- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened and divided
- 4 large eggs
- 4 bananas, mashed
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream, divided
- 4 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease three (9-inch) round cake pans.
- Beat together brown sugar and 1 cup butter in a large bowl until creamy and smooth. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Beat in mashed bananas and 1 cup sour cream. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt until well combined. Mix in nuts and 2 teaspoons vanilla until incorporated.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the centers of cakes comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes. Allow cake layers to cool completely on wired racks.
- Meanwhile, beat confectioners’ sugar, remaining 1/2 cup butter, and remaining 1/4 cup sour cream in a large bowl until well combined. Add remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla and beat until frosting is fluffy.
- Layer cooled cake layers with frosting.
- You can bake this cake in a greased 9×13-inch dish if desired. Bake in the preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 1 hr
Yield: 1 3-layer, 9-inch cake
- 802 Calories
- 36g Fat
- 114g Carbs
- 9g Protein