Recipe: Blackberry Vodka
- 300g blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 700ml vodka
- Tip the blackberries, cinnamon stick, bay leaf, and sugar into a large sterilized jar.
- Pour over the vodka, seal the jar, and swirl around to dissolve the sugar.
- Store in a cool, dark place and turn the jar once a day for the first week.
- After two to three weeks, strain the vodka through a fine mesh sieve and decant into bottles, then label.
- It will keep its color for a few months and will be drinkable for up to a year.
- Use the infused blackberries in bakes or meringue-based desserts.
Note: To sterilize jars, wash them in hot soapy water, rinse thoroughly, and place in a low oven to dry completely.