Both English and American cuisine boast many typical sweet and savory recipes, such as porridge or pancakes, which over time have conquered us with their irresistible goodness. This is the case of muffins with chocolate chips: simple and soft cakes that will captivate your sense of smell while you are baking them with their delicious scent. Muffins can be personalized however you prefer, but chocolate, which has seduced the greatest writers from Goldoni to Leopardi, is definitely the most appreciated choice. There are those who are always looking for lightness and prefer butter-free ones. So, if your guests stock up on these delicious muffins with chocolate chips after preparing them, don’t be surprised… in fact, we recommend keeping one aside for yourself or preparing a tray of soft lemon muffins to put them in difficulty choosing one or the other.
And if you don’t have a muffin pan, don’t worry, you can also make our chocolate chip cake!
Ingredients for 12 muffins:
– 125g softened butter
– 265g flour 00
– 135g sugar
– 135g whole milk (at room temperature)
– About 2 medium eggs (at room temperature)
– 100g dark chocolate chips
– 1 vanilla pod
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1 pinch of salt
– 10g baking powder
– Calories: 271 per serving
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1. To prepare the muffins with chocolate chips, leave the butter out of the fridge for at least 1 hour, to soften it.
2. Add the softened butter to the sugar and mix with an electric whisk until you obtain a foamy and creamy mixture.
3. Then, cut a vanilla pod and scrape the seeds using the back of a knife.
4. Pour the seeds into the bowl with the butter and sugar mixture, and mix with the electric whisk again.
5. Add the eggs, at room temperature, one at a time, to the mixture, so that the ingredients do not separate.
6. Sift the flour, baking powder, and baking soda directly into the bowl with the mixture.
7. Add a pinch of salt and mix again with the electric whisk to incorporate the powders.
8. Add the whole milk at room temperature, pouring it gradually, while whisking to incorporate it.
9. The mixture will become softer, so add the chocolate chips, stirring with a spatula to incorporate them.
10. Transfer the mixture into a disposable piping bag without a nozzle and fill the muffin cases, filling them 2/3 of the way, leaving less than a centimeter from the surface.
11. Each muffin should weigh about 70g.
12. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top of the muffins.
13. Bake in a preheated oven at 180° for 18-20 minutes in static mode.
14. The muffins with chocolate chips are now ready to be enjoyed.
15. Muffins with chocolate chips can be stored for a maximum of 2-3 days under a glass dome. You can also freeze the cooked muffins, then let them thaw as needed and reheat them slightly in the oven before serving.
16. You can make them more rustic by reducing a chocolate bar into flakes instead of using chocolate chips. Adding diced pears will give you a delicious chocolate and pear variation. It is essential to use very fresh ingredients, and the milk, eggs, and butter should always be at room temperature.