- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10 corn tortillas
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Place chicken breasts and salt into a pot and cover halfway with water. Bring to a boil and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 15 minutes. Remove from the pot and cool until easily handled, about 5 minutes. Shred into thin pieces.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, tomato, and bell pepper. Cook and stir until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in shredded chicken, bouillon granules, and black pepper. Cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon some chicken mixture into the middle of each corn tortilla. Fold tortillas around the filling and secure with a toothpick.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Fry tortillas in batches until golden and crispy, about 2 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
Make the sauce:
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add tomato sauce, bouillon granules, and seasoned salt. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Serve sauce over tacos.
- Add diced vegetables to the tomato sauce if desired.
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
- Prep Time:30 mins
- Cook Time:45 mins
- Additional Time:5 mins
- Total Time: 1 hr 20 mins
- Yield:10 tacos
- 347 Calories
- 11g Fat
- 49g Carbs
- 16g Protein