Looking for a unique way to warm up in the winter? Look no further than this recipe for crispy and rustic crostini with cabbage, casera cheese, and speck. The base is a flavorful and hearty multi-cereal bread, sliced thick. Soft cabbage is paired with melted cheese and savory, crispy speck. It’s a symphony of flavors that will delight your taste buds without too much fuss. Prepare your own crostini with cabbage, casera cheese, and speck, and serve it alongside a delicious polenta velouté to warm up your evenings with loved ones.
Cabbage, Casera Cheese, and Speck Crostini – Ingredients:
– 6 slices of multi-cereal wholemeal bread (50g each)
– 320g cabbage
– 40g speck
– 50g aged Valtellina casera cheese
– 50g raisins
– 30g pine nuts
– 1 clove of garlic
– 1 fresh chili pepper
– Extra virgin olive oil
Cabbage, Casera Cheese, and Speck Crostini – Preparation:
1. Begin by cleaning the cabbage. Separate the leaves and slice them into thin strips.
2. Finely chop the chili pepper.
3. Heat up some oil in a pan, add the chili pepper and garlic, then toss in the cabbage. Season with salt and let it cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
4. Remove the lid and cook for an additional few minutes, letting any excess liquid evaporate. Add the pine nuts and raisins.
5. Remove the garlic and let it cool slightly.
6. With a serrated knife, slice the bread into six pieces about 1.5cm thick.
7. Grate the cheese into large shavings.
8. Cut the speck into thin strips.
9. Arrange the bread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Top each slice with some of the cooked cabbage, then with the casera cheese and speck.
10. Drizzle with a few drops of olive oil and place in a preheated oven at 220°C for about 8 minutes.
11. Serve hot and enjoy!
It is best not to store or freeze the crostini as the texture will be compromised.
Try adding some sun-dried tomatoes or sliced almonds to the cabbage, casera cheese, and speck crostini for an extra burst of flavor.