- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 pounds boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 large onions, peeled, cut into 8 wedges each
- 2 large green bell peppers, cut into 8 wedges each
- 12 mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into 8 wedges
- Stir together olive oil, lemon juice, wine, and garlic; season with salt, pepper, oregano, rosemary, and bay leaf. Toss lamb with marinade until evenly combined, then pour into a resealable plastic bag, and marinate in refrigerator at least 24 hours.
- Position oven rack to its top setting and set oven to broil.
- Remove lamb from marinade and thread onto metal skewers; reserve marinade. Thread onion wedges, green peppers, and mushrooms onto separate metal skewers. Brush vegetables with reserved marinade.
- Broil the skewers on a broiler pan, turning frequently. Cook onions for 12 minutes, lamb for 10 minutes, green pepper for 7 minutes, and the mushrooms for 3 minutes. Remove from oven, and allow to cool until cool enough to handle.
- Remove skewers from ingredients and set aside. Reassemble skewers, alternating lamb, onions, green peppers, mushrooms, and tomatoes. Place onto broiler pan and brush again with marinade. Discard remaining marinade.
- Broil skewers again to finish cooking, turning frequently until the lamb is medium-rare and the vegetables begin to blacken in spots, 5 to 7 minutes.
Prep Time: 1 hr
Cook Time: 18 mins
Additional Time: 1 day
Total Time: 1 day 1 hr 18 mins
Yield: 6 servings
- 384 Calories
- 29g Fat
- 12g Carbs
- 20g Protein