2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup half-and-half
⅔ cup honey
2 tablespoons dried lavender flowers
⅛ teaspoon salt
1. Heat heavy cream, half-and-half, honey, and lavender flowers in a heavy 2-quart saucepan, stirring occasionally, until cream just starts to bubble.
2. Remove from heat and cover; let steep for 30 minutes.
3. Strain cream mixture into a bowl using a fine-mesh sieve. Discard lavender flowers.
4. Clean saucepan and pour strained cream mixture back in. Heat over medium heat until hot, about 5 minutes.
5. Whisk eggs and salt together in a bowl. Whisk in 1 cup hot cream in a slow stream.
6. Pour egg mixture into the remaining hot cream in the saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until custard coats the back of the spoon and reads 175 degrees F (80 degrees C) on an instant-read thermometer, about 5 minutes.
7. Pour custard through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl. Let cool completely, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Chill, covered, for at least 3 hours.
8. Freeze custard in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions, about 20 minutes. Transfer to an airtight container and place it in the freezer to firm up.
Prep Time:10 mins
Cook Time:15 mins
Additional Time: 4 hrs 5 mins
Total Time: 4 hrs 30 mins