- 30 g of fresh yeast
- 2 tsp of salt
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 500 g of flour
- 50 g of powdered sugar
- 1 beaten egg for glazing
- Dissolve the yeast in 25 cl of water and add the oil.
- Mix the salt, sugar and flour and make a well in the center.
- Add the yeast and flour little by little to form a dough.
- Knead the dough until it comes off the sides of the bowl. Knead for 10 minutes and form a ball. Place in a warm place, cover with a damp towel and let the dough rise for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Cover two baking sheets with parchment paper. Once the dough has risen enough, knead it again for 10 minutes and divide it into 12 or 24 parts. Roll them into small compact balls, make a hole in the center with your finger and widen it until the dough takes the shape of a bagel.
- Place them on the sheet, cover with a damp towel and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (thermostat 6/7).
- In the meantime, bring a pot of water to a simmer. Dip the bagels in the simmering water for 1 minute on each side, drain them and place them on the baking sheet. Let them cool for 5 minutes.
- Brush them with egg and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
- 1 wooden spoon
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 cover
- 1 parchment paper
- 1 oven
- 1 pot
- 1 brush
- 1 kitchen scale