- 2 large eggs
- kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup vegetable oil for frying
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
- Beat eggs with salt and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Spread flour in another dish and bread crumbs in a third dish.
- Working with one piece at a time, gently press chicken into flour to coat and shake off any excess.
- Dip into beaten eggs, then press into bread crumbs.
- Gently toss between your hands so excess bread crumbs can fall away.
- Place breaded chicken onto a plate while breading the rest; do not stack.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Pan-fry chicken in batches of 2 or 3 pieces until golden brown and no longer pink in the center, 2 to 4 minutes per side.
- An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Transfer cooked chicken to a baking sheet and keep warm in the preheated oven while cooking remaining chicken.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
- You can make your own bread crumbs or use store-bought crumbs. To make your own, use 3 dried pieces of bread. Crumble and add 1/2 teaspoon each of basil and thyme.
The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the breading ingredients. The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary. We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
- Prep Time:15 mins
- Cook Time:15 mins
- Total Time:30 mins
- 322 Calories
- 8g Fat
- 39g Carbs
- 23g Protein