2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, sliced
1 large eggplant, cut into chunks
1 large orange bell pepper, cut into chunks
1 large tomato, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced, or more to taste
1 tablespoon minced parsley, or to taste
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
3. Add the remaining olive oil to the skillet, then add eggplant and bell pepper. Cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add tomato, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper; cook 2 to 3 minutes more. Return onion to the skillet. Adjust seasonings if necessary.
4. Transfer the eggplant mixture to a baking pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
5. Cool for 1 hour; serve at room temperature or refrigerate and serve chilled.
– You can substitute cilantro or dill for parsley, if you like.
– You can make this salad a day ahead and refrigerate it since the flavor is even better the next day.
Prep Time:25 mins
Cook Time:30 mins
Additional Time: 1 hrs
Total Time: 1 hrs 55 mins