- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (3 pound) chicken, cut into pieces
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Heat vegetable oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken pieces and cook until golden brown on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium; stir in paprika, cloves, cinnamon, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and bay leaf until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, chicken broth, and brown sugar; bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Once simmering, stir in chocolate chips until melted.
- Return chicken pieces to the pot.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until chicken is tender and no longer pink at the bone, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in raisins and cook 3 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.
Prep Time:15 mins
Cook Time:40 mins
Total Time:55 mins
- 610 Calories
- 35g Fat
- 25g Carbs
- 49g Protein