For 6 servings
- 1 pie crust
- 4 slices of croque monsieur cheese
- 4 slices of ham or pancetta or coppa
- 1 pack of ham matchsticks
- 4 eggs
- 20 cl of fresh cream
- a handful of grated gruyere cheese
- salt, pepper
- Spread the pie crust in the mold while keeping the baking paper. Prepare the “cheesecrust”: Cut the croque monsieur cheese into 4 or 5 strips. Stick the strips around the edge of the pie crust. Chill the mold while preparing the filling.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl. Add the fresh cream, then lightly salt and heavily pepper. Generously sprinkle freshly grated nutmeg on top.
- Remove the mold from the fridge. Sprinkle the inside with ham matchsticks and “torn” cured ham. Cover everything with the filling.
- Roll the edges of the crust to enclose the croque monsieur cheese. Firmly rolled edges should be a few millimeters from the filling.
- To finish, sprinkle with a little grated gruyere cheese and bake at 240°C for 30 to 40 minutes. Watch carefully: the quiche surface should be golden brown.