- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 potato (approx 250g), cut into small cubes
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 120g bag mixed watercress, rocket and spinach salad
- 150g pot natural yogurt
- 20g pine nuts, toasted
- chilli oil, to serve (optional)
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over a low-medium heat. Add the onion and a pinch of salt, then cook slowly, stirring occasionally, for 10 mins until softened but not coloured. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min more.
- Tip in the potato followed by the veg stock. Simmer for 10-12 mins until the potato is soft enough that a cutlery knife will slide in easily. Add the bag of salad and let it wilt for 1 min, then blitz the soup in a blender until it’s completely smooth.
- Serve with a dollop of yogurt, some toasted pine nuts and a drizzle of chilli oil, if you like.
This supergreen soup with yogurt and pine nuts is a deliciously healthy meal option that’s easy to prepare. With the combination of nutritious salad greens, comforting potato, and flavorful garlic, you’ll feel both nourished and indulged.
To begin, heat a medium saucepan over low-medium heat and add 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Then, chop 1 onion and add it to the pan with a pinch of salt. Cook slowly, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes until the onion is softened but not browned. After that, crush 2 garlic cloves and add them to the pan, cooking for one minute more.
Add a cubed potato (about 250 grams) to the pan along with 600 milliliters of vegetable stock. Simmer for 10-12 minutes until the potato is soft enough that a cutlery knife will slide in easily. Then, add a bag of mixed watercress, rocket, and spinach salad to the pan and let it wilt for 1 minute before using a blender to transform the soup into a smooth and creamy texture.
Finally, serve your supergreen soup with a dollop of natural yogurt, some toasted pine nuts, and a drizzle of chili oil if you desire. This vivacious and wholesome dish makes a beautiful and satisfying meal.