- 300g turkey mince
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ white cabbage, finely sliced
- small bunch of mint, leaves picked and chopped
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- ½ cucumber, deseeded and chopped
- 3 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 2 large pittas, toasted (gluten-free, if needed)
- dairy-free natural yogurt, to serve
- Tip the mince, sumac, cumin, garlic and lemon zest into a bowl, season and combine using your hands. Form into 10 small balls, about 30g each. Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat and fry the balls for 8-10 mins, shaking the pan now and then until browned and cooked.
- Combine the cabbage, mint, onion, cucumber and pomegranate seeds with the lemon juice. Season. Stuff the slaw and meatballs into the pittas and serve with the yogurt.