- 2 tablespoons of rapeseed oil
- 320g of chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon of chopped ginger
- 3 large cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 chopped deseeded fresh chilli
- 2 tablespoons of mild curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 1.2l of boiling vegetable stock made with 3 teaspoons of vegetable bouillon
- 3 tablespoons of chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of tomato purée
- 400g of unpeeled diced potatoes
- 320g of finely diced butternut squash
- 400g can of drained chickpeas
- 200g of shredded Savoy cabbage
- ⅓ x 30g pack of chopped fresh coriander
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onions and ginger, stirring frequently, for 10 mins until starting to turn golden.
- Add the garlic and chilli, cook for a few mins more, then stir in the curry powder and cumin seeds.
- Pour in the tomatoes and stock, add the peanut butter and tomato purée, then bring to the boil.
- Stir in the potatoes, squash, chickpeas, and cabbage, then cover the pan and leave to simmer for 15 mins until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the fresh coriander, then spoon two portions into two bowls and serve.
- Cool and chill the remainder to eat another day. It will keep chilled for up to three days. To serve, reheat in a pan until piping hot.
This recipe is part of our free 7-day healthy diet plan. To access the full meal plan, click here.