The jar cake is a small and delicious treasure that encloses a fresh and fragrant dessert, perfect for the summer season. Soft lemon and cocoa sponge cake discs alternate with a soft yogurt and fresh raspberry cream. To serve the cake, we have chosen charming single-portion glass jars, elegant and refined, from which you can catch a glimpse of all the layers of this delightful spoonful of goodness!
Jar Cake INGREDIENTS:
Ingredients for 4 jars.
For the lemon sponge cake:
– 3 medium eggs
– 50g of flour 00
– 70g of sugar
– 5g of honey
– 1 lemon zest
Jar Cake CALORIES:
Preparation time: 40 min
Cooking: 10 min
Servings: 4 people
Jar Cake PREPARATION:
How to prepare the Jar Cake
1. To prepare the jar cake, start with the lemon sponge cake. Separate the egg yolks from the whites and beat them with an electric whisk with 45g of sugar. Add the honey and continue until they become clear, very foamy, and flavored with lemon zest.
2. Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks with the remaining sugar, so that no lumps form when you add them to the other ingredients, then combine the two compounds with a spatula without dismantling them.
3. Add the sifted flour and mix it with the mixture.
4. Spread the mixture on a 36x27cm baking sheet lined with parchment paper and level with a flat and smooth spatula.
5. Bake in a preheated static oven at 190°C for 5 minutes. The surface of the cake should just turn golden, and you should never open the oven (which will retain the moisture inside) during cooking. Remove the sponge cake from the oven and let it cool.
6. Meanwhile, prepare the chocolate sponge cake: separate the egg yolks from the whites and beat the yolks, along with the honey and half of the sugar.
7. Beat until the yolks become clear, very foamy.
8. Beat the egg whites into soft peaks with the remaining sugar and then combine the two compounds with a spatula without dismantling them.
9. Add the sifted flour together with the cocoa powder and mix the mixture.
10. Spread the mixture on a 36x27cm baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
11. Bake in a preheated static oven at 190°C for 5 minutes.
12. Remove the sponge cake from the oven and let it cool.
13. Meanwhile, make the cream: blend the raspberries in a mixer, sift the resulting sauce to remove the seeds, and collect it in a bowl with the yogurt.
14. Mix with a whisk to combine the ingredients and then add half of the icing sugar.
15. Apart, whip the fresh cream and add the other half of the confectioner’s sugar.
16. Gently incorporate the whipped cream into the raspberry cream and mix lightly.
17. Take a 7 cm diameter pastry ring and cut 4 discs from the lemon sponge cake and 8 from the chocolate one.
18. To assemble the cake, use glass jars with a capacity of 200 ml: transfer the cream to a smooth-tipped pastry bag and form a layer of cream. Place a chocolate cake disc over the cream, then again another layer of cream, and place another lemon sponge cake disc on top.
19. Continue with another layer of cream, a cocoa biscuit disc, and finish with the cream taking care to leave 1 cm from the edge. Decorate with fresh raspberries and dark chocolate curls.
20. Your jar cake is ready to be enjoyed!
Store the jar cake in the refrigerator for a maximum of 2-3 days, covered with transparent food wrap. You can freeze it if you have used fresh ingredients.
To prepare the jar cake, you can use classic sponge cake flavored with vanilla. The yogurt cream is a fresh and tasty filling, if you do not like raspberries, you can replace them with other seasonal fruits such as peaches, apricots, or strawberries.