- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 smoked sausage links, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce (such as Hunt’s®)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste (such as Hunt’s®)
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups uncooked parboiled (converted) rice
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place bacon in a pot and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and onion to bacon grease and sauté over medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add sausage and cook and stir until browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove mixture from the pan to a bowl.
- Pour tomato sauce and tomato paste into the same pot, along with 1 cup water. Bring to a boil; add rice, sugar, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Bring back to a boil; reduce heat and let simmer over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Transfer rice mixture to a 9×13-inch baking pan. Cover with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until liquid has evaporated and rice is tender, about 25 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 55 mins
- Total Time: 1 hrs 10 mins
- 309 Calories
- 8g Fat
- 48g Carbs
- 11g Protein