A versatile recipe, for those who love to get their hands in the dough… perfect as a snack to take to school, for an aperitif or to enrich the buffet of a birthday party: pizza dough transformed into mini red pizzas! Soft and tasty, seasoned with tomato, oregano and mozzarella. A satisfaction to prepare them and a pleasure to taste them still warm, lukewarm or slightly re-heated! Discover how simple it is to prepare them and while your mini red pizza dough is leavening, think about how to enrich or diversify the seasoning. It will be fun to make them and a pleasure to taste them all! And if you loved this recipe, why not try the fried pizzelle or the pizza fingers?
Ingredients for 24 mini red pizzas:
– Room temperature water 250g
– Flour 00 500g
– Fresh brewer’s yeast 10g
– Sugar 12g
– Extra virgin olive oil 60g
– Salt 15g
Calories: 90 kcal / each mini pizza
Preparation time: 25 min
Cooking time: 15 min
Serves: 24 mini pizzas
Preparation of mini red pizzas:
1. Pour the flour into a bowl, together with the crumbled fresh brewer’s yeast.
2. Then add the room temperature water and mix with a wooden spoon.
3. Next, add the sugar and the salt, and pour the oil as well.
4. Mix everything with a spoon, then transfer onto a work surface and knead vigorously until it becomes smooth.
5. Form a ball with the dough and transfer it to a large greased bowl, cover with transparent wrap and let it rise for about 3 hours at room temperature, away from drafts or in a turned off oven with the light on.
6. Meanwhile, prepare the topping for the mini pizzas: in a bowl, pour the tomato and season with salt, pepper, oregano and oil. Mix everything with a spoon and set aside until needed.
7. Once the dough has risen, transfer it onto a floured work surface; roll out with a rolling pin to obtain a rectangle about 4mm thick.
8. Grease a baking sheet where you will cook the mini pizzas. Cut out the mini pizzas with a 7.5cm diameter cutter. Form them into balls and let rest covered for about 10 minutes.
9. Re-knead the excess dough and make more mini pizzas, thus obtaining a total of 24 mini pizzas. Take them one by one with a spatula and start placing them on the oiled baking sheet.
10. Once placed, shape a small rim in the center of each mini pizza. Cut the mozzarella into small cubes and place them in the center of each pizza. Top with the seasoned tomato sauce and sprinkle with some more oregano.
11. Preheat the oven at 200 °C. Bake in a preheated static oven for the first 10 minutes placing the baking tray at the bottom of the oven, then continue the baking at the top for the remaining 5 minutes. Once cooked, take out of the oven and serve hot!
12. The dough, once leavened, can also be frozen, better if already divided into portions and stored in a freezer bag. Later, simply let your portion thaw at room temperature and proceed with the recipe.
13. If you prefer, you can also freeze the semi-cooked mini pizzas: simply do the first half of the baking, let them cool down and then freeze them covered with aluminum foil. Later, just bake them, still frozen, at a slightly lower temperature than indicated in the recipe.
14. If you prefer, you can make larger mini pizzas by using a larger cutter, for example with a 9cm diameter cutter you will obtain about 18 mini pizzas. You can also add your preferred toppings.