For 2 people
- 5 eggs
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 pepper
- 1 onion
- a few anchovy fillets
- a few olives (green or black)
- grated mozzarella
- olive oil
- Beat the eggs with a little pepper. Wash the tomato and pepper, and cut them into very thin slices (remove the seeds). Set aside.
- Peel an onion and slice it. Fry in a dish that can go on both the stove and in the oven, in olive oil, over low heat, until it slowly softens and turns golden. When the onion is cooked (about 7 to 8 minutes), reduce the heat even further and pour the eggs into the dish. With a spatula, regularly bring the eggs from the edge of the dish towards the center.
- Before the omelette is set (only the edges should have started to solidify), remove it from the heat and place the tomato and pepper slices, anchovies, olives, and sprinkle with grated mozzarella on top.
- To finish, place the omelette under the grill in the oven, previously heated, so that the cheese melts and lightly browns. Two minutes should be enough. The omelette will finish cooking and the vegetables will remain crunchy.