Here’s a recipe for a tasty and quick prawn laksa that you can make in the microwave! You’ll need:
- 2 vermicelli noodle nests
- 400ml can light coconut milk
- 3 tbsp laksa or Thai red curry paste
- 550ml vegetable stock
- 1 red chilli finely sliced (deseeded if you like)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp smooth peanut butter
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 150g cooked prawns, peeled
- small handful of coriander, leaves picked, stems finely chopped
Here’s how to make it:
First, tip the vermicelli noodles into a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and soak for 2 mins, then rinse and drain well. Put the coconut milk, laksa or curry paste, stock, chilli, garlic and lime juice in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover with a microwave-safe lid or plate and cook on high for 2-3 mins until boiling. Stir in the peanut butter, fish sauce, prawns and coriander stems.
Cover again and cook on high for 1 min until warmed through. Divide the noodles between two bowls, pour over the prawn broth, then sprinkle over the coriander leaves to serve.
This delicious prawn laksa is a great way to get a quick and easy meal, and you don’t even need to use the stove! Give it a try for a tasty and satisfying lunch or dinner.