For this recipe, you will need:
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) can of drained and flaked salmon
- 8 crushed crackers (or more to taste)
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a bowl, mix the onion, salmon, crackers, egg, butter, lemon juice, and black pepper together until combined into a homogeneous mixture.
- Form the mixture into 4 equal-sized patties.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, fry the salmon patties until crispy and golden brown, about 5 minutes per side.
- Adjust the number of crackers to your personal preference. More crackers will mean less of a salmon taste, while fewer crackers will make the salmon taste stronger.
- Consider substituting the vegetable oil with olive oil.
- If you don’t want to use a fresh onion, you can substitute it with 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
- 957 Calories
- 73g Fat
- 27g Carbs
- 49g Protein