- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound chicken tenders, cut into strips
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup sliced red pepper (1/4-inch x 1 1/2 inch)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup UNCLE BEN’S® Flavor Infusions Chicken & Herb Rice
- ½ cup chiffonade fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken strips and cook until they are just done (4 to 6 minutes).
- Add onion, red pepper slices, and fresh garlic.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are barely tender (4 to 5 minutes).
- Add water, tomatoes, and rice.
- Cover the pan and continue cooking until the mixture just comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking until the rice is tender or the liquid is absorbed (about 10 minutes).
- Remove cover; stir in basil leaves and Parmesan cheese. Refrigerate leftovers.
Prep Time:10 mins
Cook Time:21 mins
Total Time:31 mins
- 404 Calories
- 12g Fat
- 43g Carbs
- 31g Protein