Spaghetti with meat and vegetables are a typical Chinese recipe that can be found in many regions, each with its unique ingredients, cooking methods, and timing. Chef Mulan shares with us her version, which includes pork loin, zucchini, carrots, and onions, but you can substitute with other meats or vegetables of your preference, as long as you slice them into thin strips and stir-fry them in a wok over high heat. The result is a satisfying and delicious dish that pairs perfectly with chopsticks.
– 200g of rice noodles
– 100g of pork loin
– 100g of zucchini
– 100g of carrots
– 60g of onions
– 2 eggs
– 6 tablespoons of sunflower oil
– 2 tablespoons of rice wine
– Soy sauce (optional)
– White pepper
Calories: 350 per serving
Preparation: 30 min
Cooking time: 8 min
1. Soak the rice noodles in warm water for 30 minutes.
2. Cut the zucchini into thin strips.
3. Do the same with the carrots.
4. Cut the onions into thin slices.
5. Cut the pork loin into thin strips.
6. Heat 5 tablespoons of sunflower oil in a wok over high heat.
7. Add the onions and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
8. Add the pork loin and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
9. Push the meat and onions to one side of the wok, and add the beaten eggs to the other side. Stir-fry for 30 seconds, then combine everything.
10. Add the carrots and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
11. Add the zucchini and stir-fry for 1 minute.
12. Drain the rice noodles and add them to the wok.
13. Season with salt and white pepper.
14. Add the rice wine and soy sauce (optional).
15. Stir-fry for 5 minutes or until the noodles are soft and no longer pale.
16. Turn off the heat and add 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil. Mix well.
17. Serve hot.
It’s best to consume the dish immediately.
If you’re short on time, you can skip the soaking step and boil the rice noodles in hot water for 2-3 minutes.