- 3 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon dried rose petal powder (Optional)
- ½ cup white sugar, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon rose extract, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 ½ tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried rose petals (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine egg whites and rose petal powder in the bowl of a stand mixer; beat until soft peaks form. Start beating in 1/2 cup sugar gradually. Increase speed to high and beat until stiff and glossy peaks form. Mix in vanilla extract and rose extract. Fold cornstarch very gently into the meringue using a spatula.
- Spoon meringue into a piping bag fitted with a fine round tip. Pipe into 18 individual rounds.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges appear dry, 1 hour 15 minutes. Turn off oven and leave pavlovas inside the oven for another 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese in a bowl for 30 seconds. Add heavy cream and 2 tablespoons sugar; beat until fluffy. Spoon whipped cream into another piping bag.
- Pipe whipped cream over cooled pavlovas. Decorate with dried rose petals.
- Substitute 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar for the cornstarch, if preferred.
- To make rose petal powder, grind 1 to 2 tablespoons of dried rose petals in a grinder. Now you can use this powder in any recipe you want.
- Add food coloring to the whipped cream if desired.
This recipe appears as “Strawberry-Rose Pavlova Cakes with Pink Peppercorns” in Allrecipes Magazine and was modified to include strawberry jam and pink peppercorns for a fruity-peppery pop of flavor.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hrs 15 mins
- Additional Time: 50 mins
- Total Time: 2 hrs 30 mins
Yield: 18 pavlova cakes
- 81 Calories
- 5g Fat
- 8g Carbs
- 1g Protein