- 1 gluten-free vegetable stock cube
- 200g gluten-free pasta, such as penne or fusilli
- 100g green beans, trimmed
- 100g smoked salmon, roughly chopped
- 50g baby spinach
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 50g soft cheese (ensure it’s gluten-free)
- ½-1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, crumble in the stock cube and stir to dissolve. Tip in the pasta and cook following pack instructions, about 8-10 mins. Add the green beans 1 min before the end of the cooking time.
- Drain the pasta and green beans, reserving a little of the cooking water. Tip the pasta and beans back into the pan, then stir in the smoked salmon, spinach, spring onion, and soft cheese. Add a little of the pasta water to loosen the cheese and create a sauce, then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Squeeze in the lemon juice to taste, and stir well. Serve topped with the parmesan.
This recipe for gluten-free pasta with smoked salmon and green beans is guaranteed to make your taste buds sing! The ingredients list is simple – just a few everyday pantry staples that you probably already have on hand. The first step is to bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and add a gluten-free vegetable stock cube. This will infuse the pasta with delicious flavor and ensure that it doesn’t stick together during cooking.
Next, add the gluten-free pasta of your choice – penne or fusilli both work well – and cook according to the package instructions. You’ll want to add the green beans one minute before the pasta is done cooking, so that they’re perfectly tender and still have a bit of crunch.
Once the pasta and green beans are cooked, drain them and reserve a bit of the cooking water. Then, tip the pasta and beans back into the pan and add the smoked salmon, baby spinach, finely sliced spring onion, and soft cheese (make sure it’s gluten-free!). Stir everything together and add a bit of the pasta water to loosen up the cheese and make a creamy sauce. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and squeeze in some lemon juice to taste.
Finally, serve the pasta in bowls and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese. This gluten-free pasta with smoked salmon and green beans is a simple yet satisfying meal that’s perfect for any night of the week. Give it a try and see for yourself!