You are at home and it’s almost lunchtime, but when hunger strikes, you don’t feel like preparing complicated dishes! Thanks to the penne with speck and zucchini, you will bring to the table an imaginative first course with the combination of a few ingredients. This dish is the right compromise to make a tasty, easy, and quick dish! In this recipe, we have chosen wholemeal pasta, which with its slightly toasted flavor, perfectly matches the strong taste of speck. All is enveloped by the sweetness of zucchini, making this first course very balanced. Make the penne with speck and zucchini yourself, you will be amazed by their simplicity and taste. And if you want to create a delicious variation, then discover the Robiola cheese and speck pasta and our creamy pasta with speck and zucchini!
Penne with Speck and Zucchini
552 calories per portion
-320g Wholemeal Penne Rigate
-360g Zucchini (about 3)
-250g Speck in a single slice
-4 sprigs of Thyme
-20g Extra-virgin olive oil
-Fine salt, to taste
-Black pepper, to taste
Calories for Penne with Speck and Zucchini
Difficulty: Very easy
Preparation: 15 min
Cooking: 20 min
Servings: 4 people
How to prepare Penne with Speck and Zucchini
1. To prepare the penne with speck and zucchini, start by cleaning the zucchinis, then wash and trim them. Grate 2 zucchinis with a large grater and set them aside. Take the remaining zucchini, divide it in half, then cut each half into slices and make some strips.
2. Cut the strips in half to obtain sticks about 2-3 cm long. Finely chop the shallot, then put it in a pan with 10g of oil
3. Let it wilt by adding a ladle of hot water and add the grated zucchini, salt, pepper, add another ladle of hot water and cook for about
10 minutes until they wilt. Meanwhile, pour the remaining 10g of oil in a pan and add the zucchini sticks, salt and pepper and cook for 5-6 minutes.
4. In the meantime, slice the speck and cut it into strips about 3 cm long.
5. Add the speck strips to the zucchinis, and cook for about 5 minutes. In the meantime, cook the wholemeal pasta in plenty of boiling salted water until “al dente”. Drain and pour it in the pan with the zucchinis and the speck.
6. Mix to combine ingredients, then add the zucchini sticks, the thyme leaves, and serve. Add a final sprinkle of pepper and serve your penne with speck and zucchini still warm!
Keep your penne with speck and zucchini for a maximum of 1 day in the refrigerator, closed in an airtight container. It is not recommended to freeze them.
To give a touch of crunchiness, try browning the speck in the pan and add it only at the end! For a stronger taste, try a new variation by adding a saffron sachet to the zucchini!