1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Prepare the stuffing: Heat the olive oil in a pan. Sauté the onion and garlic. Add the cooked rice, sage, parsley, cranberries, and nuts. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat, add the apples, and mix again.
3. Stuff the chicken with a portion of the stuffing (keep the remaining rice mixture in the fridge to serve with the cooked chicken later), without compressing it.
4. Close the chicken tightly with either poultry string, twine, or toothpicks.
5. Place the chicken in a roasting pan, then generously brush it with a mixture of olive oil and Dijon mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Add the thyme and reconstituted chicken broth. Bake for 1.5 hours, regularly basting the chicken with the cooking juices.
To finish, serve with the rice stuffing and the remaining rice.