- 3 bunches medium-thick asparagus, tough ends snapped off
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Zest of a large orange
- Toss asparagus with salt.
- Arrange in a large (12-inch) skillet with a lid.
- Add oil and juice to skillet and cover. (The asparagus can be set up a few hours ahead.)
- About 10 minutes before serving time, turn burner on high.
- When asparagus starts to steam, set timer for 4 minutes.
- Cook until tender, checking at 4 minutes with the tip of a sharp knife.
- Transfer cooked asparagus to a serving dish.
- Add optional zest to skillet and continue to cook until pan juices reduce to a glaze consistency, 2-3 minutes longer.
- Pour over asparagus and serve.
Copyright 2004 USA WEEKEND and columnist Pam Anderson. All rights reserved.
- 73 Calories
- 4g Fat
- 9g Carbs
- 4g Protein