- 50g tahini
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 200g green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 courgette, sliced into half moons
- 100g shredded kale
- 250g pack pre-cooked puy lentils
- In a jug, mix the tahini with the zest and juice of the lemon and 50ml of cold water to make a runny dressing. Season to taste, then set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the red onion, along with a pinch of salt, and fry for 2 mins until starting to soften and colour. Add the garlic, pepper, green beans and courgette and fry for 5 min, stirring frequently.
- Tip in the kale, lentils and the tahini dressing. Keep the pan on the heat for a couple of mins, stirring everything together until the kale is wilted and it’s all coated in the creamy dressing.
This recipe is for a delicious and healthy Veggie Tahini Lentil dish. It has a lot of nutritious ingredients and is very easy to make.
Firstly, start by mixing 50g of tahini in a jug with the zest and juice of 1 lemon and 50ml of cold water. This will create a runny dressing to use later on in the recipe.
Next, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a wok or large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add 1 thinly sliced red onion with a pinch of salt and fry for 2 minutes until it starts to soften and change colour. Then add 1 crushed garlic clove, 1 thinly sliced yellow pepper, 200g of trimmed and halved green beans, and sliced half moons of 1 courgette. Fry everything together for about 5 minutes while stirring.
Finally, add 100g of shredded kale, a 250g pack of pre-cooked puy lentils and the tahini dressing to the pan. Keep everything on the heat for a couple of minutes, stirring it all together until the kale is wilted and everything is coated in the creamy dressing.
This dish is a great source of protein, fiber and healthy fats. It’s perfect for anyone who wants to eat healthily and still have a tasty meal!