2 tomatoes, chopped
6 dried chile de arbol peppers
1 onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
salt to taste
water to cover
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, or to taste
2 (6-inch) corn tortillas, cut into strips
1. In a saucepan, combine chopped tomatoes, dried chile de arbol peppers, sliced onion, minced garlic, chicken bouillon granules, and salt to taste. Add enough water to cover and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and cook until the tomatoes and peppers soften. Stir occasionally. (5-10 min)
2. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chile peppers to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour in tomato mixture and blend until smooth.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir tortilla strips in the hot oil until crispy for 3-5 minutes.
4. Crack the eggs into the skillet and stir continuously until scrambled and set for about 5 minutes.
5. Strain the blended sauce over the tortillas and eggs and mix well.
Prep Time:15 mins
Cook Time:20 mins
Total Time:34 mins