- 200g easy-cook brown rice
For the chilli
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 peppers (any colour), deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 500ml passata
- 500ml vegetable stock, made with 2 tsp vegetable bouillon powder
- 150g red lentils
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 400g can black beans
For the guacamole
- 2 avocados, peeled, stoned, halved and mashed or cut into cubes
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 vine tomatoes, chopped
- ⅓ x 30g pack of coriander, chopped
Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat and fry the peppers for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add the garlic and spices, stir briefly, then tip in the passata and stock.
Stir in the lentils and thyme, then cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until pulpy.
Tip in the beans along with the liquid from the can, then re-cover and simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
Cook the rice following pack instructions.
Combine half of the guacamole ingredients.
Serve half the rice and chilli between two people, topped with the guacamole.
Cool and chill the rest to eat another day. To serve, reheat the chilli in a pan over a low heat with a splash of water until piping hot. Reheat the rice in the microwave. Combine the rest of the guacamole ingredients to make a fresh batch, and serve on top of the chilli and rice. Will keep chilled for up to four days.
This recipe is part of our free 7-day healthy diet plan. To access the full meal plan, click here.